Sunday, October 24, 2010

An Agile Reader - buy it now!

When I deliver training courses I like to give participants something to take away to read, something that is more readable than PowerPoint slides. Sometimes participants get a copy of my book, Changing Software Development, but that is expensive to me and not always appropriate. (These days I tend to tell people CSD (as I call it in private) is an advanced Agile text, not an introductory one.)

A few months ago I decided to put together “An Agile Reader.” This is a mini-book, its a collection of articles which are interesting for someone new to Agile and decidedly shorter to read than Changing Software Development.

Anyone who’s been on a course with me in the last couple of months will probably have seen a copy of this. The feedback on the mini-book has been good and at recent conferences I’ve given away some spare copies.

So I’ve decided to make it public.
Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

If you’d like a copy you can buy a physical copy here, or download the complete PDF. Price is £4.99 for the physical copy, currently discounted to £3.99 or £1 for the electronic.

I don’t see this as a new book, I prefer to call it a mini-book. Its a collection of essays, most of which you can get for free from my website or this blog. Its self-published using Lulu, its not been professionally copy edited and its not got an ISBN number.

Let me know what you think.

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.